Monday 24 September 2012

In the money

Hi all,

Another week has passed and some more firsts. Most importantly, raced my first Ultra Marathon and a first time being in the money for Fedgroup-ITEC Connect.

After riding Hill2hill and seeing that the Hilton Ultra Marathon had even more climbing, I knew I was in for a hard day.

The rain had come down the day before and another muddy ride was a certain. We set off and the pace was solid from the start. Onto the first climb and I rode my own tempo, slowly losing contact with the lead group. From there it was a long ride to the finish. The legs felt good after 4hrs, after that the lights went out. Nutrition is a big part of these races and its a rough learning process to get it right.

There is a new found respect for the Ultra Marathon riders, it's certainly no easy ride to finish.

11th overall, progress in the right direction. Brandon took 5th overall with Bridg taking 7th in ladies race.

Cheers,
Brad